(TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTH SESSION)
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 10, 2005
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 10, 2005
Brief Record of the Proceedings of the Meeting of the Rajya Sabha held on the 10th August, 2005
The House adjourned and re-assembled at 12 Noon.
1. Starred Questions
Answers to Starred Question Nos. 241 to 260 were laid on the Table.
2. Unstarred Questions
Answers to Unstarred Question Nos. 1729 to 1813 and 1815 to 1883 were laid on the Table.
3. Papers Laid on the Table
The following papers were laid on the Table:—
1. A Statement (in English and Hindi) regarding ‘Policy Package for Stepping up Credit to Small and Medium Enterprises’.
2. A copy each (in English and Hindi) of the following papers: —
(i) Memorandum of Understanding between the Government of India (Ministry of Power) and the Rural Electrification Corporation Limited, for the year 2005-06.
(ii) Memorandum of Understanding between the Government of India (Ministry of Power) and the Power Finance Corporation Limited, for the year 2005-06.
*From 11-00 a.m. to 11-04 a.m. some points were raised.
3. A copy (in English and Hindi) of the Ministry of Home Affairs Notification S.O. 723 (E), dated the 26th May, 2005, superseding S.O. 541 (E), dated the 11th April, 2005, regarding constitution of one more Review Committee for the purposes of the Prevention of Terrorism (Repeal) Act, 2004, under section 63 of the repealed Prevention of Terrorism Act, 2002.
4. A copy (in English and Hindi) of the Ministry of Home Affairs Notification G.S.R. 484, dated the 20th July, 2005, publishing the Citizenship (Second Amendment) Rules, 2005, under sub-section (4) of section 18 of the Citizenship Act, 1955.
5. A copy (in English and Hindi) of the Ministry of Commerce and Industry (Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion) Notification G.S.R. 235 (E), dated the 13th April, 2005, publishing the Explosives (Amendment) Rules, 2005, under sub-section (8) of section 18 of the Explosives Act, 1884.
4. Messages from Lok Sabha reported and Government Bills Laid on the Table
I. Secretary-General reported to the House two messages from Lok Sabha informing Rajya Sabha that Lok Sabha at its sitting held on the 8th August, 2005 had passed—
(i) The Appropriation (No.3) Bill, 2005; and
(ii) The Appropriation (No.4) Bill, 2005.
II. The following Bills, as passed by Lok Sabha, were laid on the Table:—
(a) The Appropriation (No.3) Bill, 2005; and
(b) The Appropriation (No.4) Bill, 2005.
The House adjourned till 11-00 a.m. on Thursday, the 11th August, 2005.
[Due to interruptions in the House, the main items of business on the Agenda for the day, namely, Report of the Committee on Petitions, Report of Public Accounts Committee, Motion for Election to the Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA), Motion for Election to the Committee on Official Language, Government Legislative Business, the Budget (Bihar), 2005-2006 and Statements by Ministers, could not be taken up.]